The Hobart Town Courier (Tas. : 1827 - 1839)
Find an issue
- Click a decade link below to see a list of available issues for that decade
- Click a year link to update the calendars below
1. Select a year to see which months have issues in the following month calendar.
Want to be alerted to new content? Subscribe to one of the web feeds below.
Cite this title: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-title19
The Courier (Hobart) is a newspaper founded in 1827 in Hobart, Tasmania, as the Hobart Town Courier. It changed names to the Hobart Town Courier and Van Diemen's Land Advertiser in 1839, settling on The Courier in 1840. In 1859 it merged with The Hobart Town Daily Mercury.See the full Wikipedia entry
- Hobart Town courier [electronic resource].
- Hobart Town : Printed and published by James Ross, 1827-1839.
- 12 v. ; 42 cm.
- Caption title.
Imprint from colophon.
Digitised as part of the Australian Newspapers service which allows access to historic Australian newspapers.
Also available in print and on microfilm.
Electronic reproduction. Canberra, A.C.T., : National Library of Australia, 2008-2009 (Australian newspapers). Vol. 1, no. 1 (Oct. 20, 1827)-v. 12, no. 671 (June 28, 1839). Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Life Dates
- Vol. 1, no. 1 (Oct. 20, 1827)-v. 12, no. 671 (June 28, 1839)
- Later Title
- Hobart Town courier and Van Diemen's Land gazette 1835-4750
- Australia Tasmania Hobart.