Nappa Merrie Sold
NAPPA MERRIE, which
includes Chasleton and
Lake Pure leases totalling 2833 sq. miles, with a double frontage to Cooper's Creek and bounded by the
South Australian border, has been sold to Playford
River Pastoral Coy.
Taken up by the late J. Conrick in 1871, which was only 10 years after the explorers Burke and Wills perished in that locality while attempting to cross the continent, Nappa Merrie was one of the first settlements on Cooper's
The Conrick family later acquired adjoining Chasle-
ton holding and have re-
tained an interest in and
resided on the properly for 83 years.
A few years ago, Tancred Bros. Pty. Ltd. acquired an, interest in the then hold- ing company. when Mr. Harry Tancred was appointed chairman of director. Shortly after- wards another adjoining holding, Lake Pure, was
Mr. J. Russell Barnett, of New Zealand Loan, who in- spected the property on be- half of the purchasers, praised the improvement work effected during the Tancreds' association with the property.