Lists (None yet)

Login to create lists

Tagged (None yet)

Add Tags

Comments (None yet)

Add New Comment

No corrections yet

NORTHERN STATIONS SOLD

Arcoona And Moolawatana

Arcoona Station, one of the oldest and best known pastoral holdings in the North West, has been sold privately by Bennett and Fisher, Ltd, in conjunction with Elder. Smith & Co., Ltd., on account of Arcoona Ltd. to S. Kidman & Co., Ltd., of Ade laide. The purchase- price has not been disclosed, but it is be- , lieved to exceed £75,000.

The station, which is about 100 miles from Port Augusta, has an area of approximately 1,400 square miles, and under normal conditions can carry between 20,000 and 25,000 sheep. As a result of heavy rains and Hoods during the past 12 t months, lakes and swamps and a creek on the holding have sufficient water to last for a number of years. The country is in wonderful heart,- but during the drought of 1944-45, stock numbers reached a low level and now there are about 18,000 sheep on the property. Another well-known northern station which changed hands last week was Moolawatana. It was sold on account of Messrs. A: J. and P. A. McBride to Messrs. Leslie Bros., of Mount Filten station, which adjoins Moolawataua on tile western side. The station was sold by auction at the Wool Exchange, Adelaide, by Elder, Smith & Co., Ltd., for £22,500. Originally Moolawatana was tli.e properly of Mr. Neil McGilp, late chairman of the Pastoral Board, and his' brother.

Zoom

plus
thumb
minus
left
thumb
right
up
thumb
down