OBITUARY Mrs. Mary D. Morrison, a pioneer resident of the Border district of Vic- toria, passed away recently at the home of her son-in-law, Mr. A. Schine- kel, at Narracorte. at the ripe age.of 86 years. She was born in Hartoth, Isle of Skye, Scotland, 1842, and was the eldest daughter of the late Mr. Alexander Mcleod, merchant. Deceas- ed lost her mother when eleven years of age, and became the care, and guar- dian of her younger brothers and sis- ters. The family arrived in Melbourne in 1853 in the sailing vessel,Abner Stitson, and from there they proceeded to Portland, and then journeyed to Narracorte in a bullock dray. After a short ,sojourn here the family settleed on Benayeo Station, then owned by the late Mr. Hugh McLeod, in whose household they were employed. A few years later the ,deceased was married to the late Mr. Angus Morrison, who took up land close to Apsley, but he predeceased her by 47 years. During Mr and Mrs. Morrison's residence in the Apsley district eight children were born, the only remaining member of the family now being Mrs. A. Schine- kel. After leaving the Apsley district Mrs. Morrison removed with her fam- ily to Goroke, where she selected land and carried on, farming for 32 years. Having disposed of her farm, the de- ceased lady arrived in Narracoorte some five years ago, making her home with her son-in-law (Mr. A. Schinekel). The warmth and hospitality of her quiet and kindly nature made for her many friends and acquaintances. The descendants of the late Mrs. Morrison are seven grandchildren and fifteen great grandchildren. Her remains were laid to rest in the Goroke cemetery.