1. "Jack wanted a high box of queer puzzles very much."--- Prize sentence, sent by L. Cox
2. "A czar, king, or queen loves expert sub- jects who defy magic."--- John Wilkinson
3. "An unknown citizen of Melbourne gave justly towards equipping the explorers."
4. "James Evans said to Percy Noxon, go quickly if you want to see the zebra."-- Annie
Evans (Echuca, Vic.).
5. "James received Guy's 'four queens' puz- zle box with thanks."-- Alice M'Cathie (Gym-
6. "My boy Jack quietly covered our house with zinc for six pigs."-- Onward Turner
7. "Sympathizing Dave saw Jack's queer boy at Halifax."-- Cornelius Byrnes (Macks- ville).