No corrections yet
. THE FASHIONS. .
SEASIDE DUESS AND BATHING COSTUME.
1. Bathing costume for a little boy. In blue serge bound with scarlet braid. Cashmere sash tied at the back, with long ends. Oilskin hat placed at the back of the head.
2. Bathing dress for a young lady. IQ thin blue serge with trimmings of scarlet braid and buttons. Blouse cut in one piece, and gathered at the waist under a belt. Oilskin cap with ruche, under which the hair is carefully gathered, and the cap tied firmly at the back.
3. Costume for the beach. Trained skirt, and round it a deep plisé, surrounded at the back by four other narrower plises. Tablier formed of two sets of folds, and arranged "en bias," the lower edge ornamented with ball fringe. Large bow and broad end edged with fringe at the back. Confection in cashmere, very long and pointed in front, the back shorter, and ornamented with bias and braid. Guipure on all the edges, bows on the wrist and bascpaes. Sleeves trimmed similarly to the back of the confection.
Princess costume. Long trained skirt, ornamented with a deep bias in broché, and small pleating at the upper and lower edge. The lower part of the train has a gathered flounce surmounted by a plisé. Princess tunic, with short rounded tablier in front, finished at the side by a bow of brocaded ribbon, similar ribbon forming graduated long loops. Tight sleeve, with plisé and bias of broché. Straw bonnet with diadem front, and across it is a plisé ; outside are a feather and garland of flowers falling over the back.
TOILETTES FOR THE COUNTRY.
1. Blouse for a boy of 5. The front plain, the skirt pleated to the waist at the back. White linen sailor collar, deep open-work braid round the blouse and sleeves, red ribbon sash, sailor hat in marron straw, with red and blue
2. For a girl of 10. Dress and mantle of grey mohair, the
latter trimmed with rouleaux of silk and plisés. Sailor col- . lar and pocket,- with bow of ribbon.
3. For a girl of S or 9. Princess dress in cashmere, cut square at the neck, trimmed with embroidery ; similar embroidery at the lower edge of the skirt.
4. For a girl of 15. Skirt of dark blue taffetas untrimmed. Polonaise of bright blue cashmere, V-shaped boddice front and back, where it is trimmed with rouleaux of faille and Valenciennes, and filled in with blue and white striped fou- lard. The polonaise is draped and raised at the back under a large bow edged with lace ; this trimming is repeated round the polonaise. The sleeve at the wrist has a frill, a bracelet of ribbon, and Valenciennes lace at the inner edge. Bergère hat in leghorn, trimmed with daisies aud