NEW BROADCASTING STATION.
The first full-night's broadcast by Cooma Broadcasters, Limited, B class station 2XL (341 metres) took place last night in conjunction with the radio ball organised by the direc- torate of Monaro Theatres. The net proceeds will go to Cooma District Hospital. The com- pany is entirely local. The masts are also of local production. The broadcast included speeches at the official inaugural dinner, pre- sided over by Mr. F. F. Mitchell, chairman of directors. The Mayor of Cooma (Alderman N. F. Crozier) declared the station open. Miss Phyllis Goodwin was adjudged radio queen for 1937.