No corrections yet
FARMERS' U.N" I ON PROPOSER,
LA number of farmers met at Thor*
ma Hotel, Wqpdt'iid, on Saturday
evening fiTst-to. diseuw »be advisability of iuau^nnitinir h~ Farmers^-Union. Cr-juo. Adums presided, and the fol io winKTesoltit ions-as a bafiisof anion - were agreed upnn^- ;
1. Thur. a Victorian Farmers* Union be formed.
2. That the qualification "of mem bership be that they are "ligitimate
5. That fhe bp.HiB of union be ab solutely uon'political iu fcbe party
1. To safeguard aud promote the 'common interests of all -primary .pro
ducers va t'he-Siate,
2. To meet 4«bor tmiometn in in dustrial disputes -with the spirit, of reason and ^justice, and at the name, tirae plnoo ourselves in the best po sition to resist any unfair demands or unreasonable oouditrionti'being .placed
3. fly the -application of the en operative principle <*n safe and econo mic lines we propose to guard assinst the witbmim? influence of monopolis tic couibtijatiens of every form.
^.provasionHlcannnittee was formed, aud it, was agreed that 1000 pamph lets be procured and distributed throughout the district, with a view to forming local branch<.6 and thenoe extending the movement throughout
the whole Sf^te,