No corrections yet
GRANTS OF TOWN ALLOTMENTS.
COLONIAL Secretary's Office, Sydney, 2Cth February, 18-11. The following descriptions of grants of town allotments, with the names of the persons to whom they were originally pro- mised, or by vvliom they are now claimed, arc published for gcnetal information, in order that all parties concerned may have an opportunity of correcting any errors or omissions that inny have been made inadvertently. It is requested that within three month* from the present date, the particulars required by the government notice of the 1st October, 1838, may be accu- rately furnished to this Office :
No. 30. The Rev. John Duffus, one acre, one rood, and eighteen perches, County of Cumber- land, parish of Saint Luke. Originclly located to James Attwood, who now requests the deeds in favor of the present claimant. Quit rent .?C1 His. .Id. sterling, per annum, commencing 1st'July, 1823. ' .
m 31. The Reverend John Duffus, one acre, one rood, and eighteen perches, County of Cumber- land, parish of Saint Luke; originally located to William Tristram, who now requests the deeds in favor of the present claimant. Quit rent &\ lCs. 4d. sterling, per annum, commenc- ing 1st July, 1823.
32i William Love, one acre, one rood, and sixteen perches, County of Cumberland, parish of Saint Luke. Quit rent .-C1 lCs. sterling, per annum, commencing 1st July, 1823.
33. Sir John Wylde, four acres, three roods, mid tvyenty-threc perches, County of Cumber- land, parish of Saint Luke. Quit-rent .io 10s.
Gd. sterling, per annum, commencing 1st July,
31. Samuel Gilbert, fifty-nine and one-half roods, County of Cumberland, parish of St.
John, allotment No. 8G, on the north side of George-street, in section No. 21. Leased by Sir Thomas Rrisbane for 21 years to the present claimant. Quit rent one farthing for ever ; the lessee having purchased the grant by payment of 21 years of the quit-rent stipulated in the lease, together with all arrears under the regu- lations of 2,ith August, 1831.
35. Samuel Gilbert, nineteen roods, County of Cumberland, pnrish of St. John, allotment No. 22. Leased by Sir Thomas Brisbane for 21 years to the present claimant. Quit-rent one farthing for ever, the lessee having purchased the grant by payment of 21 years of the quit rent stipulated in the lease, together with all
arrears, under the rcgulationt of 25th August,
3G. Richard Edwards, one rood six perches, allotment No. G, on the Windsor road. Posses- sion authorised by Sir Ralph Darling on 2nd June, 1830. Quit-rent 15s. -Id. sterling per annum, commencing 1st July 1830. This allot- ment wns advertised on the J 2th January, 1832, in favour of Mr. Thomas Horton James who resigned his claim to the same, and received
another allotment in lieu.
It is requested that within one month from the present date, the particulars required by the government notice of the 1st October 1838, may' be accurately furnished to this office :
37. Samuel Thornton, nineteen mid a half perches, allotment No. TO of section No. 40. Quit-rent 9s. 9d. sterling per annum, commenc- ing 1st July, 1823. This allotment was adver- tised in the same name on 15th December, 1831. j 38. FrancisMitchell, Thomas Barker, Ambrose Foss, Robert Bourne, and George Allen, in trust. Fifteen and a half perches. Promised by Sir Richard Bourke on 22nd September, 1831, to the Sydney Bethel Union, for quit-rent one farthing for ever. This allotment was previously advertised on 25th January, J83G, as the
site for the Bethel Union Chana!.
E. DEAS THOMPSON.
MAITLAND.-COURT OP REO.UBSTS.-As the Circuit Court will he opened ' nt Maitland on Monday the 5th of April next, notice is hereby given, that the sitting of the Court of Requests will be adjourned from that day until Monday the 12th of the same month. EOWAKD D. DAY, Commissioner.
Y KA IMA" LKASCS.-Colonial Treasury, Sydney, 18th February, 1811. Notice is hereby given, that the hinds let on 10th March and those re let on lath and 20th March, 1810, for one year, from 1st Apral 1S40, to 31st March, 1841, in pursuance of notices dated 24th January mid 12th February, 1840, will be re-let by Public Auction for twelve months, commencing from the 1st of April, 1841, in Bcnt-strcct,
Sydney, nt the renr of the Coloniul Trcasurjyon i Thursday, 18th March next, commencing at Eleven o'clock precisely ; with the exception of lots 2;i and 21 (of the original notice), nt Wise- man's Creek, in the County of Westmoreland, at present leased to James Whelan, which
cannot be re-let. j