Showing: 1 - 45 of 45
"Love's Rocks" which had part blocked the river are removed.
This was a major part of the grant to Charles Fraser, a Government botanist. Granted in 1826? He died in 1831 at Parramatta.
Guildford, subdivision near Henry and Oxford Streets
Garnham Blaxcell's grant
Three aldermen to Granville Council elected unopposed
A first attempt at a Cottage Hospital for Granville
some early Granville residents named in article
Brunton's Flour Mill.
Picnic, 1900's style at Brunton's Flour Mill
shows many of the owners and residents of Granville and Merrylands c1881
G.R.Sinclair's bus routes taken over. Purchased by Bill Phillips.
Granville School of Arts annual meeting
The marriage was at Highfield Hall, a large home in South Granville
Granville's early churches illustrated and described.
Baths planned and storm water channels commenced under relief work for the unemployed
The Wellington Road bridge was constructed in the 1950's, two decades later.
50 years of Granville Council to be celebrated
Auburn Vale estate was to form part of South Granville.
14 WW1 volunteers from Granville
Granville bicycle club was reformed. It had been a popular sport.
With industry the population began to increase.
Klein's farm and vineyard was on Barbers Road. The description of the soil is typical of that found in the surrounding areas.
Granville gets its name.
The building of the Roman Catholic Church, Holy Trinity, begins.
Granville Council's southern boundary was originally Guildford Road and Chiswick Road. Extended south to the pipe line.
Early industry in what became Granville.
George Bell was one of the early motor 'bus drivers in the Granville area.
Reg Dryden and Lou Wilson with a new post WW2 bus route in the Granville Council area.
An early resident of Rawson Road Guildford with his nursery. Jacob Knaus was often a horticulture judge.
Granville Bicycle Club's activities.
The Housing Commission did use the buildings in Granville Park as temporary housing. They had been used during World War 2 as an American Naval Hospital.
Initial sewers in Granville
A direct water supply for Granville.
The first part of the railway which reached Black Wharf and later became part of the line to Carlingford.
A summary of Granville Council's area in 1888
An early resident of what was an unincorporated part of Granville Council
This is one of many similar "noxious trades" in Granville Council's southern area, and to the immediate south in unincorporated land.
Indicative of flooding from Duck Creek at infrequent intervals.
One of the first large industries for Granville which lasted over 100 years.
Early industry in Granville
Daughter of John Watt, farmer, who settled in an unincorporated part of what later became the Granville Council area.
Bate's was one of several boatsheds on Duck Creek near Duck River
Streets renamed to avoid confusion