- Trove will automatically issue a search API key on request for non-commercial purposes. The key must be kept secure and confidential and is not transferable.
- Vendors providing commercial services can apply for a temporary key to test the API, on the condition that the testing is not used for commercial purposes. Specific written approval by the National Library of Australia is required before any commercial use. This will entail negotiation with the expectation that there is a quid pro quo for National Library services.
- Where Trove content is displayed, the symbol and wording Powered by Trove should be used as attribution, unless the Trove persistent identifier is displayed with each result.
- Some Trove content is in copyright and owner rights must be respected. It is your responsibility to clear copyright with the original provider (not the National Library of Australia) before republishing this material.
- You must remove or delete metadata records you have obtained from Trove, in 30 days or less, if we request that you do so.
- You acknowledge that we reserve the right to turn off or modify the API service at any time.
- We reserve the right to cancel your access to the API service without prior notice.
- We require at all times, free access to and a description of, any applications that include Trove content via the API.