Thread: Mid-Pacific Magazine index (take two)

Mid-Pacific Magazine index (take two)

UPDATE—31/10/2011

This is an update to an original posting with an attachment I made a few months ago, see: http://trove.nla.gov.au/forum/showth...%E2%80%94index

Since my last post I've had the opportunity to compile about another third of the index and am now up to around 1927/1928, about eight years short of the Mid-Pacific's end. (See the attachment)

But the work hasn't slowed. As I've gone on I've found more journals and addendums attached at the end of each issue of the Mid-Pacific, and I've begun transcribing each accordingly in separate tabs in the one excel document. There are now four indexes:
    • Mid-Pacific Magazine, monthly, Jan. 1911 - Feb. 1934; quarterly, Mar. 1934 - Dec. 1936
    • Bulletin of the Pan-Pacific Union, monthly, Oct. 1919 - Feb. 1934; quarterly, Mar. 1934 - Oct/Dec. 1935
    • Journal of the Pan-Pacific Research Institution, quarterly, Jan. 1926 - Oct/Dec. 1935
    • Pan-Pacific Youth, quarterly, Dec. 1926 - Aug. 1929

I've also begun compiling short summaries on the pictures and photos in each article and on the front covers and in the art sections. This usually includes only the Mid-Pacific as the other three journals were dominated by text. No summaries of the in-text will be pursued, for that you'll have to wait for Hathi Trust to make its digitised pages available to view.
    And in almost every case I've left the advertising section at the back of each issue of the Mid-Pacific (usually a section of around 20 pages long) unindexed. For the most part these were exactly the same for each six-month volume, and while they included pictures, they were unremarkable.

Next update with a near completed index (hopefully), sometime in the new year. Until then, all the best and feel free to contact me with any questions, comments, or to see if I have some Mid-Pacific articles you might like.

You can reach me at olin5856@uni.sydney.edu.au
    Attached Files Attached Files