Thread: Parsons Family from MerewetherNewcastle area, Gustard Family and Wilson/Amos?

Hybrid View

Parsons Family from MerewetherNewcastle area, Gustard Family and Wilson/Amos?

Anyone have any information about these families?...My grand father was Henry Parsons married Elleanor/Ellenor Wilson...Henry's parents were John and Sarah....Elleanor's were James and Lily/Lilly...Hope some one can help
    Thanks Donna

Hi Donna, My husbands grandmother was Lilly of the Amos tree. Tried to send you private message. Did you receive? Alicefr

Wilson/Amos families

I have information on the Amos family who settled on the Clarence river. John Amos who had daughter Lilly married John Wilson (2nd marriage). Lilly is my husbands grandmother by 1st marriage. Please be in touch and we can help each other with family trees.
    Alicefr

Quote Originally Posted by Alicefr View Post
    I have information on the Amos family who settled on the Clarence river. John Amos who had daughter Lilly married John Wilson (2nd marriage). Lilly is my husbands grandmother by 1st marriage. Please be in touch and we can help each other with family trees.
    Alicefr
    Hi..sorry but my Great Grandmother, Lilly, married a James Wilson not John and she was only married once. But if you have another 'name' that I may be able to match feel free to ask. Here is a web page that is my family but stops at Lilly. She is not 'married' on this persons tree. http://www.angelfire.com/rings/googong/amos/INDEX.HTM He has a name of 'Stoy' should be 'Stay'. Hope this helps. I have been told that there were 2 Amos famlies with matching names around the Clarence River, Ulmarra. If I can help please let me know. Donna.

Hi Donna, William Amos married Elizabeth Blanch 1840. Their son John married Jane Eaton 1866 and had 11 children, one of these being Lilly Maud Annie Amos born 1885. She married William T Clarke 1904 and marriage was dissolved in 1909 she remarried John Wilson in 1909. Lilly died 1914 of tuberculosis. I know of one child from 1st marriage as he was my husbands father. I have certificates confirming these events. I went into angelfire website you gave me and I have Elizabeth Blanch Amos born 1844 who is sister to John Amos marrying William 'Stoy'. This information I have obtained from visiting Grafton Historical Society and from Pioneers Book there. Would be very interested if our Lilly is same as yours.Hope this helps. Rosemary

Hi Donna My stepfather was an Amos from Managatang (nth east victoria) Kevin Brooks Amos His father was Edgar Stirling Amos, if this is of any help or you want more information email me on shasa@hotkey.net.au