Thread: Suggestion for manipulating list items

Suggestion for manipulating list items

The following list manipulation capabilities would be useful, as they would cater for the evolution of one's lists over time.

1) the ability to sort a list, especially in order of date of publication.

2) The ability to COPY or MOVE a list item to another list.
    With the latter option, the item would be deleted from the original list

Croquet-Bob,
    I agree entirely. I found your post while doing a search to see if there was a way to copy from one list to anther. I have a list that is becoming unmanageable due to numbers. When I started I didn't know that I would have 300+ entries in the list. I would like to move each item into list by by decade.
    I can move individual items to a specific position in the list but, to do them all, it would require two logins (not a problem) and a 50 inch monitor (is a problem). I have tried with two monitors on the one computer, but it is still a bit of a pain. "Sort" by date, is the preferred option.

Regards
    Maurie

Trove user
    If you have assembled the list but not yet corrected all items, you might consider creating numbered lists, with each century or other block, a separate number. Then from the master list you can move them to the appropriate block. Each item has to be moved one-by-one, so at the point of correcting seems the place to do it. There doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of lists. If they're all corrected, I would start with a fresh search, and restrict the search to the decade you want, and move all of those, then search for another decade. The search results can be sorted by date -- either latest article first, or latest article last.