Thread: Fairyland Cottage Kew 1943-1965

Fairyland Cottage Kew 1943-1965

Dear Readers,

I am writing a book on the history of the famous Fairyland Cottage in Kew,Melbourne that existed from 1943 to 1965.This incredible house was visited by people from all over Melbourne,Australia and overseas for its unique display of Fairytale characters and displays etc. It was covered in many newspapers and magazines of its time.The house was also visited by many famous people who left their names in the 9 visitors books that still exist to this day.

if anyone has any information or memories they would like to pass on or be notified when the book is complete please contact me.

Re Fairyland cottage

Quote Originally Posted by Hautmont View Post
    Dear Readers,

I am writing a book on the history of the famous Fairyland Cottage in Kew,Melbourne that existed from 1943 to 1965.This incredible house was visited by people from all over Melbourne,Australia and overseas for its unique display of Fairytale characters and displays etc. It was covered in many newspapers and magazines of its time.The house was also visited by many famous people who left their names in the 9 visitors books that still exist to this day.

if anyone has any information or memories they would like to pass on or be notified when the book is complete please contact me.
    I only just discovered your writing a book regarding Fairyland cottage .I lived across the road from Mrs Tabula at number 66 Malmsbury St ,in the 1950's and 60's .I was a young boy at the time and used to do her shopping for her at Mr Smith's the grocer .He used to be where Kentucky fried chicken now is .She was quite a character ,had an old Indian minor that used to sit on her shoulder and the chooks in the back yard often used to be wandering through the house .My mother was terrified to see her in her 80's up the ladder painting the chimney bricks different colours .She would spend hours talking with my mother they became close friends .I used to love sitting in her front yard looking at all the incredible worlds she had created ,some would be hidden and they would reveal themselves only after you had looked for a long time .Nice that she is being remembered ,I still think of her ,lovely lady