Newspaper titles recently added to Trove
The National Library of Australia is pleased to announce the following newspapers which have issues that have been newly added to Digitised newspapers and more on Trove. Many of these newspapers are currently being added to Trove and further issues will become available shortly.
- The Bathurst Post (NSW : 1881 - 1922)*
- The Bathurst Times (NSW : 1909 - 1925)*
- The Blue Mountain Echo (NSW : 1909 - 1928)*
- The Border Morning Mail and Riverina Times (Albury, NSW : 1903 - 1920)*
- Bowral and Robertson Free Press (NSW : 1901) Digitisation supported by Friends of Wingecarribee Libraries Inc.
- The Bowral Free Press (NSW : 1884) Digitisation supported by Friends of Wingecarribee Libraries Inc.
- Bowral Free Press (NSW : 1901 - 1906) Digitisation supported by Friends of Wingecarribee Libraries Inc.
- Bowral Free Press and Berrima District Intelligencer (NSW : 1884 - 1901) Digitisation supported by Friends of Wingecarribee Libraries Inc.
- Bowral Free Press and Mittagong, Burrawang and Kangaloon Advocate (NSW : 1883 - 1884) Digitisation supported by the Friends of Wingecarribee Libraries Inc.
- The Byron Bay Record (NSW : 1902 - 1924)*
- Construction and Local Government Journal (NSW : 1913 - 1930)*
- The Cumberland Argus (Parramatta, NSW : 1950) Digitisation supported by Auburn City Council, Blacktown City Council, Campbelltown City Council, Fairfield City Council, Hawkesbury Library Service, The Hills Shire Council, Holroyd City Council Library Service, Hornsby Shire Council, Parramatta City Council, City of Ryde, Library Council of NSW, the NSW government and the State Library of NSW.
- Delegate Argus (NSW : 1906 - 1943)*
- Delegate Argus and Border Post (NSW : 1895 - 1906)*
- Direct Action (Sydney, NSW : 1914 - 1930)*
- Evening News (Sydney, NSW : 1869 - 1931)*
- The Farmer and Settler (NSW : 1906 - 1957)*
- Goulburn Chronicle and Southern Advertiser (NSW : 1860 - 1861) Digitisation supported by Goulburn Mulwaree Council, Upper Lachlan Shire Council, Yass Valley Council, the Library Council of NSW, the NSW Government and the State Library of NSW.
- The Grenfell Record and Lachlan District Advertiser (NSW : 1876 - 1948)*
- The Kiama Independent and Illawarra and Shoalhaven Advertiser (NSW : 1863) Digitisation supported by Kiama Library, Library Council of NSW, the NSW Government and the State Library of NSW.
- The Manaro Mercury, and Cooma and Bombala Advertiser (NSW : 1862 - 1931)*
- Moree Gwydir Examiner and General Advertiser (NSW : 1901 - 1940)*
- The Moruya Times and South Coast Journal (NSW : 1888 - 1915)*
- The Murrurundi Times and Liverpool Plains Gazette (NSW : 1888 - 1929)*
- The Muswellbrook Chronicle (NSW : 1898 - 1955)*
- The Newcastle Chronicle (NSW : 1866 - 1876)
- The Picton Post (NSW : 1907 - 1982)*
- Robertson Advocate (NSW : 1894 - 1923)*
- Saturday Referee and the Arrow (NSW : 1912 - 1916)*
- The Shoalhaven News and South Coast Districts Advertiser (NSW : 1891 - 1937)*
- The Southern Mail (Bowral, NSW : 1889 - 1954)*
- The Sydney Wool and Stock Journal (NSW : 1899 - 1917)*
- The Tamworth Daily Observer (NSW : 1911 - 1916)*
- Taralga Echo (NSW : 1924 - 1927) Digitisation supported by Goulburn Mulwaree Council, Upper Lachlan Shire Council, Yass Valley Council, the Library Council of NSW, the NSW Government and the State Library of NSW.
- The Tenterfield Intercolonial Courier and Fairfield and Wallangarra Advocate (NSW : 1900 - 1914)*
- Tocumwal Guardian and Riverina Echo (NSW : 1913 - 1918)*
- The Tumut Advocate and Farmers & Settlers' Adviser (NSW : 1903 - 1925)*
- The Urana Independent and Clear Hills Standard (NSW : 1913 - 1921)*
- The Voice of the North (NSW : 1918 - 1933)*
- Watchman (Sydney, NSW : 1902 - 1926)*
- Western Champion (Parkes, NSW : 1898 - 1934)*
- The Wollondilly Press (NSW : 1906 - 1914)*
- The Wyalong Advocate and Mining, Agricultural and Pastoral Gazette (NSW : 1900 - 1928)*
- Young Witness (NSW : 1915 - 1923)*
- Ipswich Herald & General Advertiser (Qld. : 1861 - 1862)
- Queensland Times (Ipswich) (Qld. : 1909 - 1954)
- Daily Herald (Adelaide, SA : 1910 - 1924)
- Kapunda Herald (SA : 1878 - 1951)
- Renmark Pioneer (SA : 1892 - 1913)
*Digitisation of these titles has been supported by the State Library of NSW as part of the Digital Excellence Program, funded by the NSW Government.
To find out the latest titles which have been added to Trove, subscribe to one of our Web feeds.
Through Trove, the national resource discovery service, there is free online access to over 10 million pages from over 500 Australian newspapers. All of the digitised newspapers are fully text-searchable and users can enrich and enhance the data through subject tagging, text correction and annotations. To read more about 10 million digitised newspaper pages now available through Trove, see our Behind the Scenes blog.
Titles have been selected by the National Library in consultation with the state and territory libraries. A number of the titles are being digitised with the generous support and funding from a range of organisations.
For those libraries and organisations wishing to digitise a newspaper title, please see our Contributor Guidelines. If you would like any additional information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.