A wonderful idea from Trovite, BranchesLeavesPollen, has resulted in setting up Trove Tuesday; an opportunity for bloggers to join her in posting about their finds in Trove. Ten of her fellow GeneaBloggers rose to the challenge and their offerings are listed below. BranchesLeavesPollen’s own blog post gave a collection of mentions of convict John Weatherstone; a notorious runaway and ‘incorrigible’.

Danceskeletons, who is”yet to meet an Aussie genie who doesn’t love Trove’’, wrote about her ancestor, Frank James and luckily found another gem in Trove while preparing the post.

Geniaus implored other bloggers to get on board with Trove Tuesday and wrote about her grandfather Frank Duncan, including a superb photo of his travelling café – ‘Try our home made pies - warm your belly for threepence’.

Australian Genealogy Journeys detailed the case of the missing mares from her ancestor Fullarton’s paddocks at Elphinstone. Nice to note the ‘absence of any deep or deadly crimes’ on the goldfields at the time.

The Western District Families blog listed some of the treasures found to date including a story about Nina Harman and her carpet from the Australian Women’s Weekly. Nina was inspired by Queen Mary, herself an indefatigable carpet maker, who when confined to bed on doctor's orders, replied "Impossible, I must finish my carpet!' Where is Nina's rug now?

Ancestor Chasing's blog post shows that discoveries are sometimes confronting as family secrets are revealed.

My Genealogy Adventure shares an anecdote about great grandfather GT Smede, who ‘dressed as a cricketer’ comes upon a party of picnickers from Lismore busily dynamiting fish!

Cataloguing in Gippsland blog reveals a truth is stranger than fiction type story about Joseph Shires, snake bite remedy salesman and fisherman.

Jax Trax found the sad story of the death of her lifesaver great grandfather, Leo Grenfell, on duty at Brighton Beach in 1946 and delightfully revealed to us that her grandfather was always known as ‘gas producer grandad’ , a source of great mirth to the grandchildren.

And finally the story of an Irish shoemaker's apprentice, married to Pages Past’s maternal great grandmother for just a few days before tragically falling from a bullock dray when the load shifted.

Tell us how you are using Trove in different ways, share your blogs with us, Tweet us or post in the Trove Forum.